Nowadays, Minecraft does not allow a booster's momentum to crash a game, but cart's momentum can still go far above what it is supposed to, and problems can occur when that happens. The Infinite Booster, while able to power a cart along an infinite number of rails, is able to cause every problem associated with momentum.
It won't crash your game, but you will run into glitches like:
1. Booster minecarts glitching onto other rails that they are not placed upon.
2. "Mine Cars", which are minecarts that can move on surfaces other than minecart rails. This only happens to the booster carts.
4. Unstoppable carts that will simply push the player out of the way when he/she tries to stop it.
5. Strange things may happen to your computer due to increased processor load. Somehow while testing this build, my screen display settings changed and my brightness turned itself to max. I am not kidding. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
And technically a glitch, but a positive one, or in other words, the only postitive one:
6. A minecart with high speed, infinite momentum, and the ability to push stray enemies out of its way.
In many cases, a cart with infinite momentum, maximum speed, and the ability to shoulder past enemies who it normal cases would cause a cart to stop would be very useful. Here are the steps to make one:
1. Make a 3 by 3 square of minecart tracks.
|Make a 3 by 3 square rail...|
2. Fill the track with 5 minecarts.
|...and put on 5 minecarts. The minecarts might fall off due to a glitch, but you can just pick them up and put them back onto the rails.|
3. Wait until the minecarts begin to circle. The minecarts might not go in the direction you wish, but this can be solved easily in the next step. The minecarts also tend to combine, which is why there seems to be only 2 minecarts in the picture, when there are actually 5.
5. If the minecarts swirl in a direction you don't wish to travel, either build a one-way p-junction or loop a rail around the booster and build your track in the direction you wish.
|You can either make a p-junction to go in the direction you want(in this case, left)...|
|...or just loop around to the left manually.|
I'll say for the record that despite all of its strengths, I dislike this booster and I will never use it in any of my future designs. I say this because it does pose a real threat to a user's computer. The CPU usage this glitch causes leads to many unintended effects, and I really don't know how severe they can be. I wasn't kidding when I said that my power settings really did change itself to max once when I put the 5 minecarts onto the booster. The only reason I'm including this build is to inform users of its dangers so that if they ever see it again, they can decide for themselves whether or not to use it. It's all up to you.